Ian's Mobile Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Home made mince pies!


Finally, after a few weekends of procrastinating, here are the efforts of my labours. I've just finished my first batch of mince pies. OK, so the glace cherry isn't traditional, but I thought if it didn't come out as expected, I could say that I was going for a variation on a theme, and that it was supposed to taste different!

The proof however is in the pudding (pardon the pun) and in fact they were quite edible and particularly nice, hot, straight out of the oven, with brandy double cream. Yum. I definitely overdid it on the icing sugar though (which I overused to hide the excessive beaten egg I added to the top of the pie in order to brown it.) I will dial the egg and the icing sugar back for the next batch. In cooking, don't they always say less is more?

From this cooking experience, I certainly got more than I bargained for. On opening the oven whilst preheating, I touched the controls and suffered a rather nasty electric shock which must have arisen from the earthing wire having worked its way loose rendering the casing LIVE!

Far too dangerous this cooking mallarchy.
I knew there was a good reason why I don't cook. ;-)
Better not cook again till the casing is fixed.....what a shame I haven't got a yellow pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home